Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Settling into a new home!

The last 2 1/2 weeks have flown by! I still can't believe that Will and I live in Oregon.  Although waking up this morning to 39 degree weather, quickly helped me to remember that we are no longer living in the Southeast!

We have been living life to its fullest out here in Eugene.  Soaking up as much sunshine (yes it is sunny here) and semi warm weather as we can, because we hear that in the next few weeks everything will change here in terms of the rain! We have spent our weekends hiking and meeting new friends. Last weekend we were invited to a tailgating party, where I met some AMAZING people! The people out here are so awesome. One of the wives of Will's coworker, Megan is so amazing, she has already invited me to a boutique opening and is really trying to help us get settled in to Eugene. I am so thankful for new friends that are so welcoming.

Last Sunday we hiked up to Mount Pisgah, which is about 5 miles from our house.  The hike guide indicated that it was an easy hike...HHAHAHAH, uh no! It was pretty intense, but we had a good workout and a beautiful view when we got to the top.

This upcoming weekend I am finally going to get to go to a Duck's game! I am so excited! And its against a Southern team, Tennessee Tech!  Will doesn't have to work this game, so we will actually get to hang out some together.   We are planning on tailgating before the game with another girl that we have met, Erika and her boyfriend.  Friday night I get to go to my first School of Journalism development event with Will. I am excited to hang out and meet some new people, and maybe even make some connections for jobs!

Here are pics from our hike up Mount Pisgah!  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment