I have been a terrible blogger, but I have been swamped at work and with the end of the semester all the school work too! But last week we headed to Austin, TX for my cousin, Cari's wedding. It was AMAZING. I dont know if you have been to Austin before,but it is by far one of the coolest cities I have EVER been too. From a college town perspective (which as you all know, Will and I are higher education nerds), this is now on our list of places we could live/and or would LOVE to live at some point in our lives. Between the shopping, restaurants, bars, culture, scenery and the UT campus, I was sold....so maybe Will and I will start looking at UT for positions one day (not right now!).
We started the trip by flying into San Antonio, which, is not all that pretty except for the riverwalk, which was super cool, although kinda stinky! We next rented a car and drove to Austin, which is about 1 hour from there. The scenery is beautiful between San Antonio and Austin...it didn't even seem like we had been driving for an hour at all!
Thursday night we went out to dinner with our family to a place called, Ztejas , AMAZING! Then we went out to a bar in the warehouse district called the gingerman pub , which has AN GREAT beer selection, and a great view of downtown.
Friday we had the bridal luncheon at Old Pecan Street Cafe , which was delicious. After the luncheon we went and checked out the city, looked around the campus, took some pictures. Then headed back to the hotel to get ready for the rehearsal dinner which was at, the Iron Cactus , which had THE best margaritas I have ever had. After that we went out on the famous 6th Street, to a piano bar.
Saturday, we again did some sightseeing and then got ready for the wedding. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was on the UT campus at the alumni center. Which was AMAZING...the food was great and so was the music. All in all we had a great time and I CAN NOT wait to head back to Austin...maybe we can make it for Austin City Limits this year!
13 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment