I am sure that many of you know by now that Will and I are embarking on a cross country road trip next Friday. I know, it sounds like a CRAZY idea...my mom is convinced we are going to end up fighting ALOT...but we are BOTH so excited to see the United States. The whole idea came when our friends Kristin and Justin Hill , moved to Bozeman, MT at the beginning of this year. We thought it would be fun to go out and see them since we have NEVER been to Montana...then the idea grew and grew, and before I knew it I was purchasing one way tickets from Seattle to Atlanta for August 7th. So we are leaving next Friday, renting a car in Atlanta, and driving to Bozeman MT, then on to Seattle, WA...its going to be an adventure for sure...
Here is our itinerary (along with a map of our journey)
Day 1 (July 29)- Atlanta to Nashville: We will pick up our rental car in Atlanta, drop off Lulu with my parents and head to Nashville, we will spend the night with Will's Mom before we begin our journey west!
Day 2 (July 30)- Nashville to Lawrence, KS: Will grew up in Lawrence, KS; and I have never seen his home he grew up in so we thought we would spend one night in the town he grew up in. I cant wait to see where he grew up!
Day 3 (July 31)- Lawrence, KS to Fort Collins, Co: I have never been to Colorado...so I am looking forward to seeing the Rocky Mountains for the very first time!
Day 4 (August 1-4)- Fort Collins, CO to Bozeman, MT: We will be leaving Fort Collins and heading North through Wyoming to Montana. We will be stopping off at Custards Last Stand the onward to see the Hills' in Bozeman, MT. We will be staying with them for a few days. We have a few things planned on our agenda: whitewater rafting and a day trip to Yellowstone.
Day 7 (August 4): Bozeman, MT to Seattle, WA: We will travel from Bozeman to Seattle...super excited about traveling across Washington State and seeing the beautiful scenery.
Day 7-10 (August 4-7): Seattle, WA: we will be spending three nights in Seattle, exploring this beautiful city. This will be our first visit for both of us to Seattle. We have a few things planned but mostly just going to enjoy the city and try to immerse ourselves into the city life. Here a few things that we have on our agenda: Pike Place Market , Fremont Troll, University of Washington, Agua Verde Cafe and Paddle Club (and yes we will be renting kayaks to tool around the bay!), and all the cool neighborhoods in Seattle. We also booked a beer pub tour: Seattle Brewery Tour .... which we are SUPER pumped about !
So stay tuned as after our adventure I will post pictures and stories! We cant wait!
13 years ago


Sounds like an amazing trip Emily! I hope you guys have a fabulous time! Looking forward to seeing some great pictures!!
ReplyDelete