Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Leaving is OH so bittersweet!

When Will and I came back from our trip out west last summer, we KNEW that is where God wanted us to be. And we always figured we would get out there at some point, maybe for retirement, or much later in life. We never KNEW it would happen this quickly. As my days here in Auburn are dwindling down, I am an emotional wreck. I go days without crying, then sob uncontrollably. I know that this is what the Lord wants for us, we prayed long and hard, and the door opened for us to go west.  But nothing in this life thats worth anything is ever easy. I have been praying about this and as I have the last few days I have felt the emotional piece begin to fad away and I am feeling much more excited and at peace.  I did not get the job that I interviewed for a few weeks ago out in Oregon, but you know what I really and truly believe that the Lord wanted me to see Oregon before I moved there and that job interview was a way for me to go out there and not have to pay to go.  So in a way I see it as a blessing, plus I really do not feel the job was the right fit for me.

Leaving my job has been the hardest part for me.  And the reason I know this is because I love my job so much. The students, the co workers, the people. I have made some of the greatest friends here, and I know that we will always remain friends, it is just oh so bittersweet to be leaving them. Of course leaving my best friends and my family and the only place I have ever known is just as hard, but I know that this is not forever and its not like I am dying and never able to come back!

So in three days we will embark on our journey to the West....It is going to be quite an adventure and I honestly can not wait to see what the Lord has in store for us in Oregon!


No comments:

Post a Comment