From the start..Caroline was my special buddy. My Mom trusted me with her, even though I was so small. I would watch over her constantly! She was my shadow...anything I did she did. I can honestly fondly remember my baby sister hanging out with me... she was the joy of my world. As we got older we fought as any siblings do...but we never HATED each other. Caroline and I always had a wonderful relationship. I can honestly say as we have gotten older our relationship has grown and morphed into a WONDERFUL relationship. Caroline is one of my very best friends. We talk weekly if not daily via text...she is my rock.... the person I turn to for any situation. I honestly dont know what I would do without her!
A few years ago when Caroline was in college at Alabama...she got very sick...I mean SUPER sick. She got bacterial meningitis.. the strain she had was like 1 in 1 hundred million people get. I can remember the day I went to see her in the hospital...she was so sick they had her in the SARS room. We all had to suit up in full on head to toe suits...mask, gloves the whole bit. I was so scared. I opened the door to the room and she was laying there on the bed covered in tubes and wires. She was on pain meds and completely out of her mind. I sat there and wept...where did my sissy go...she was not there. I was angry...how could God let her get this sick. She was terribly ill. They didnt think she would make it.
As the days passed she began regaining her strength. After 10 days they let her go home. She was so fragile. Months later she and I sat down and talked about the whole experience. She finally came to realize how close to death she came. We both cried. It was honestly the point in our relationship that Caroline and I got much closer. Ever since that day I have told her that God kept her on Earth for a reason and she must find that. That she has a greater purpose in life.
I cant even describe to you what I felt when my sister was sick. I felt like my world had collapsed. But I am so grateful to God that he let her live. I love her so much. As the years have passed, our relationship has gotten very strong. My sweet baby sis drove cross country with me when I moved to Oregon. She is the best sister in the world. Its hard for me to be 2600 miles from her. We talk and skype as much as we can...but life always gets in the way.
As many of you know Will and I moved to Oregon because we felt propelled by a higher power to be here...and I promise you that God kept Caroline Austin here for a reason....she is meant for good things. I love you baby girl CAroline. My rock, my sounding board, my confidant.......if I have a baby girl I will name her after you....you are my idol...I love you!
![]() |
| Typical! |
![]() |
| Caroline Austin's Christening 1984 |
![]() |
| Sisters 2013... Pure Love! |




So precious. Makes me msis my sister!
ReplyDelete