Thursday, February 14, 2013

Exciting News!

As most of you know, I have been looking for a job for 6 months now. And to be quite honest, I was almost to the point of losing my mind, I knew the right job would come along eventually...but patience has not always been my best virtue!  Over the past 6 months the Lord has taught me a lot about myself, and learning to trust him with my whole heart was the main thing that I learned!  So at the end of January, I received a call for an on campus interview for a job that I had phone interviewed for back in December.  The position was the Associate Director of Student Affairs for the MBA program at the UO.  Its a BIG job, but actually is basically comprised of everything that I have done for the past 9 years rolled up into one job. I was super excited to interview.  After the interview I thought I had done the best I could and would just put it all in the Lord's hands. If it was meant to be , then it would be....on Thursday Jan 31, I received a phone call from the Assistant Dean...I was offered the position.  To say I was excited was an understatement.  That night Will took me out to celebrate!

I will officially start my position on March 4th, which is perfect because it gives me some time to work on my dissertation and some other projects that I have been putting off. They also decided to change the title of the position. I still will be doing all the same things (admissions recruiting, orientation, student programming and advising for the MBA students). But the title just changed, my new official title, is Associate Director of the MBA Student Experience.  I think this job is going to be HUGE, challenging and exciting.  I cant wait to start!


Last week we headed down to Mobile to celebrate Mardi Gras as we do every year.  This year was a little challenging because we had to fly for almost a solid day to get to Mobile!  The first few days were great....then Will and I got sick.  Will had a slight cold before we left Eugene and was straight up exhausted on the night of the ball.  I on the other hand felt great! Until Saturday morning when we think I got food poisoning...i went from being slightly sick feeling to 100% sick in like 20 minutes. It was AWFUL! Will and I are calling for a do over for 2014 Mardi Gras...It was not fun this year at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment