Well, if you follow me on FB then you know that I had surgery on June 26th to repair the blown disc at my c5/6. The surgery went well, I was in the hospital for a day. The surgery itself was pretty easy, they removed the disc, replaced it with a cadaver bone, and secured it all with a plate and some screws (sounds disgusting i know!). Eventually the my bones will grow all together…in the mean time I can't exercise more than walking and I can't lift more than 5 lbs (which is not a lot…I think my purse weighs more than that!). I was on ALOT of pain pills the first week or so…my nerves in my neck that had been compressed for 6 months were trying to uncompress, and my neck and spine were killing me. But slowly I have gotten better. Recover has been challenging, I am over the pain now but I get exhausted so easy. Slowly trying to get my strength back so I can return to work, but I have to say it has been nice just to lay on the couch and watch trash tv all day! My big goal is I can now DRIVE and turn my head…big deal right! Driving is still a bit scary…but, good thing Oregonian drivers drive SUPER slow..I have nothing to worry about!
My parents came out for a week while I was healing. It was so nice to have them here. I don't care how old I am…there is nothing like your Momma and Daddy to take care of you…even if I am almost 35! We mostly laid around the house and I rested, but we did a few fun things like went to a lavender farm for my mom…she LOVES lavender…and I have to say it was pretty cool!
Other than that nothing really new with us…just me healing and Will traveling. He is getting ready to embark on his super busy season…FOOTBALL…our weekends are overtaken with lots of donors and tailgates! He has been in LA this entire week, he is exhausted, but he is doing great in his role, continues to bring the money in to the U of O… I keep telling him its his southern charm that is getting these PNW to throw money at the U of O!
I suspect I will have a bigger update soon…some big things are on the horizon for us…stay tuned...
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment