Friday, January 25, 2013

T-minus 2 weeks to Mardi Gras 2013

As most of you know... Mardi Gras in my family is BIGGER thank any other holiday we celebrate. It is the one time each year that my ENTIRE extended family gets together. It has grown over the past 10 years from just my immediate family to upwards of 40 people.  It by far is my favorite time of the year.

This year it is a bit more challenging for Will and I to make it to Mobile since we live 2400 miles away. BUT, with a bit of savvy planning we are going to be able to pull it off. We will leave OR with plenty of time to recover from jet lag to fully enjoy the Crewe of Columbus parade and ball Friday night.  One of the most difficult things living this far away is making sure that Will gets all of his throws that he needs to parade on Friday.  But thankfully I have the best parents who have just been buying double of what they get for my Daddy to make sure that Will has plenty of beads, stuffed animals and moon pies to throw!  This year, my Dad and Will's float, the Santa Maria is getting new costumes... we have heard they are yellow, which I think is a TERRIBLE color and doesnt look good on anyone...but oh well, they only have to wear them for two years then they get another one.  Although I have chosen a black dress this year, so Will and I will look like a giant bumble bee hanging out together!

As always is tradition here are some of my favorite pictures from the Mardi Gras past.... ENJOY ....











No comments:

Post a Comment