Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2010 ING Half Marathon Weekend....

So this past weekend, Will and I headed down to Atlanta for the ING Half Marathon.  I was so excited to spend the weekend with my best friend, Amy and her husband Alan, and also getting to see my other best friend, Krissy and her little girl Connor. We had a great weekend.  Friday night we headed out to McCray's when we got there with Amy and Alan to have a few beers...Saturday the weather was beautiful!  We headed down to eat at my FAVORITE Atlanta resturant, Taqueria Del Sol  ...it was SO YUMMY...I ate WAY too much! Then we headed down to the Georgia Dome to pick up our race packets.  I did a little shopping at H &M, my other most favorite Atlanta spot, then headed home to begin my carb loading for the big race!  Alan made some AMAZING spaghetti, and Krissy and Connor came over to hang out.

Sunday morning, we got to the race and it was not too cold but very cloudy.  There were 18,000 people that ran the race, and believe me...it FELT like it. I was very frustrated with the race this time, I spent the first 5 miles trying to get around all the people who were walking, or shall I say strolling through the city streets! VERY FRUSTRATING! In the end, I did not end up making my goal time of under 2 hours...but I still had a great time of 2:03...the same exact time I got on my last half!  I will try again with the Silver Comet Half in October, in the mean time I am going to begin training to increase my speed...I WILL BEAT my time at the next half!  After the race (which by the way according to my watch I burned 1406 calories), I ate like a piggy...we went to the Vortex...if you've never been, you must go and get tater tot fondue (TO DIE FOR) and their burgers are PHENOMENAL! (Been on Food Network!)

here are some pictures from the weekend!











No comments:

Post a Comment