Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A relaxing weekend!

So this last weekend, Will and I had NOTHING planned which in my books is GLORIOUS!  The only thing we did was go on our date night, which ended up being a celebration dinner instead of a quite dinner at home because....I FINALLY GOT MY PROMOTION! I am so excited, after months of not knowing the outcomes...I finally heard back from the Promotion committee, and I am officially an Academic Advisor II now! Yeah!  With that also comes a pay increase (not much), but some and I am thankful for any pay increase I can get!

On Saturday we hung at home most of the day, and I had to go on a long training run for my half marathon that is coming up in just a few weeks...I had to 9 miles, I had originally shot for 10 miles but I was feeling a little tired, so I just did 9 miles. I was SUPER impressed with my time...9 miles in 71 minutes...my best time by far!

This coming up weekend I am running a 10 K with my sister up at Lake Martin...its called the Forest 10 K and I am really looking forward to it... I hope the weather cooperates!  Here is a link to the run Caroline and I are doing this weekend: http://www.russellforestrun.com/ .  After the race..I am looking forward to relaxing and hanging out at the cabin and hopefully getting to sit by the fire pit and enjoy some smores! 

No comments:

Post a Comment